Asst Manager - Spa
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bethlehem, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 2, 2023
The Assistant Manager - Spa is responsible for supervising the daily activities and duties of spa employees. The Assistant Manager - Spa provides exceptional leadership and business skills to reach and exceed profitability goals, employee and guest satisfaction; Thus, ensuring efficiency in providing the highest service and profit levels.
- Oversees and coordinates, employee relations, training, inventory, staff productivity, operations development, standards, promotions, staff reviews, maintains knowledge and understanding of treatments/physiological effects/contraindications, guest satisfaction issues, ensures Company and department standards are upheld, merchandising of retail products, and administers computer operations. Performs all other projects and responsibilities as required
- Ensures confidentiality with respect to guest and employee information
- Assists Spa Attendants and Front Office Specialists with guest experience, answering telephones, checking in guests, making reservations, providing tours and maintaining daily cleanliness of facility during operating hours
- Creates schedules to ensure appropriate staffing levels according to business volumes; i.e. special events, holidays, weekends, groups, guest demand, profit goals, etc.
- Possesses operational knowledge of SpaSoft software, Microsoft applications, Stratton Warren
- Monitors short and long-term strategies designed to increase revenue, profitability, retail sales, guest satisfaction, employee satisfaction, and employee retention
- Acts as a resource between employees and spa manager to resolve work related conflicts; Reviews and determines appropriate resolution ensuring policy and procedures are consistently followed
- Uses constructive feedback, motivation, short and long-term intervention to address problems that affect job performance
- Maintains and conducts employee appraisal/evaluation of Spa Associates
- Facilitates various training modules pertaining to spa services and programs
- Provides support and communicates with all levels of management regarding Company policies and procedures acting as a liaison between the spa and other Wind Creek Departments; Identifies and recommends solutions when the department faces repetition of performance problems that indicate a negative trend
- Informs appropriate management of any potential situation that may require further attention; This includes but is not limited to: safety issues and concerns, OSHA compliance, ADA compliance, legal compliance, sexual harassment including employees and guests; Follows up to ensure resolution is achieved
- Trains and communicates relevant company information to employees, as well as directs performance of clerical functions by ensuring a strong communication network, in which employees are well informed of all procedural changes, property information and department and company initiatives
- Maintains an attitude and philosophy consistent with the Company mission, vision and values
- Displays a high level of maturity, discretion, tact, judgment and the ability to deal with confidential matters
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with various organizations and vendors
- Works in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a calm appearance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Employment Requirements:
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older; proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English; both in oral and written form.
- Interpersonal skills with focused attention on guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Wind Creek appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to Wind Creek customer service standards.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Specific Position Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED plus additional education or training in hospitality, spa-related areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years Hospitality and Customer Service Experience.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience or overseeing staffing and business operations - preferred
- Casino Experience - preferred.
- Must demonstrate leadership abilities with progressive supervisory experience
- Must possess very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to pass the Microsoft Office test – Required
- Experience with multiple software programs.
- Ability to work on multiple software platforms: Spasoft, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, Stratton Warren
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules, weekend, and holidays to reflect the needs of the facility
- Able to receive the various services that are offered on our spa menu and be a model for the training of new therapists when requested
- Must be able to lift, pull, push, and/or carry items weighing in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds; be able to stand and/or walk for entire shift
- Willing to travel and participate in training as recommended or required
- Physical ability to access all areas of the property.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction, work indoors, outdoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work with others, communicate well, receive direction; review your own work.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with guests in a friendly and polite manner.
- Ability to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well and receive direction when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must be able to qualify for, apply for and obtain a Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board license if required.
- NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN PREFERENCE IN HIRING POLICY SHALL BE ADHERED TO AT ALL TIMES.